Xerox today announced the Xerox DocuMate® 5540, a uniquely designed document scanner that combines both a flatbed and sheetfed scanner in one unit. The DocuMate 5540 also includes a 70-page automatic document feeder (ADF) making the most versatile scanner for today’s modern office.
In this year’s AIIM Industry Watch report “Paper Wars 2014 - Update from the Battlefield”, analysts found that even though office workers are mobile, computer literate and aware that paper-free processes improve productivity and lower costs, most organizations are still struggling against the tide of paper documents that clog offices and stall processes. A surprising 68 percent of people polled in the report believe paper-centric processes to be unacceptable, and 21 percent find their paper use to be increasing.
Engineered for Success
The DocuMate 5540 is engineered to scan nearly anything in the modern office and securely file it away digitally until it is needed. It scans 40 double-sided pages in less than a minute and has a legal-size flatbed for scanning bound notebooks, thin or damaged documents and transparencies. Other features include:
- Custom color and multicolor dropout: Simplified and Powerful color dropout feature allows the user to specify up to 3 custom colors to be removed during scanning by simply previewing a sample page and selecting a location that contains the unnecessary color.
- Roller-based page separation: Provides reliable paper feeding and longer lifespan than pad separation technology, reducing scanner maintenance.
- Front-to-back design: Raising the flatbed cover does not require lifting the ADF, so it is light weight, easier to open and accessible for disabled users.
- CCD image sensor: The charge-coupled device (CCD) sensor allows for a larger depth of field and a broader color range during the capture process; resulting in better image quality especially in wrinkled or folded documents.
- Straight paper path: Easily scans plastic ID or insurance cards, ideal for healthcare and pharmacy applications.
- Acuity image enhancement software: Acuity automatically adjusts the visual clarity of every scanned image by improving character legibility, straightening pages and removing shadows from scanned images.
“The DocuMate 5540 is now our premier mid-level ADF/flatbed combination model positioned directly between the DocuMate 4830 and DocuMate 3220 in both pricing and specifications,” said Jon Harju, chief technology officer at Visioneer, a Xerox licensing partner. “Intended for department and workgroup users who need to scan a high number of assorted document types and media, it offers a truly versatile and robust option for those customers requiring a straight paper path, legal size flatbed, low maintenance and excellent paper handling.”
The DocuMate 5540 also includes DriverPLUS TWAIN technology, Nuance PaperPort Pro Version 14, Nuance OmniPage Pro Version 18 and Nuance PDF Converter Pro Version 7.
Xerox is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations transform the way they manage their business processes and information. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., we have more than 140,000 Xerox employees and do business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents.
Visioneer provides a broad range of scanning solutions for the desktop, distributed and departmental document imaging markets as well as the mobile and remote business scanning segments. In 2003, Visioneer combined its leading scanner technology with the Xerox brand recognition to develop the Xerox DocuMate® product line. Xerox DocuMate high-performance business scanners and imaging software solutions offer users speed, image quality, advanced paper handling and ease-of-use with exclusive Visioneer OneTouch® technology. For additional information on Xerox scanning solutions, visit http://www.xeroxscanners.com. For more information on Visioneer, please visit http://www.visioneer.com.
Visioneer offers both product lines under a single reseller partners program. The 20/20 Perfect Vision program optimizes VAR margins and sales opportunities through volume incentive rebates, sales support and marketing tools. Additional information can be found at http://www.visioneer.com/2020.