Tax season is upon us and for many filers, the biggest obstacle to filling out their 1040 or corporate tax forms is getting their paperwork organized.
Highly affordable and practical technology now is available to assist consumers, accountants and tax preparers with this onerous task. Xerox DocuMate® Scanners, make it easy to save, store and sort tax documents including receipts, records and other related documentation.
Here are the top five ways that digitizing documents help to eliminate headaches associated with tax preparation:
- For those preparing their own returns, it’s crucial to have backups scanned, stored and organized. Digital documents will save time and money during filing, as well as with any post-filing follow-ups.
- Scanning documents will eliminate the physical paper clutter which has likely mounted throughout the year and consolidate paperwork when filing taxes.
- Digital documents which are stored in the cloud make it easy to access them from any location and any device. This also adds a layer of protection to sensitive documents.
- In the tax preparation business, increasing efficiency is at the core of successful and profitable accounting firms. One of the primary benefits of scanning is transferring the organizational step, which has traditionally been performed by preparers, to administrative personnel, cutting down time spent per return by up to 30 minutes.
- Once tax documents are digitized, they become storable and searchable, allowing for easy record retention and retrieval in case of audits or year-over-year comparative analysis.
“For some, whether filing individual or business returns, handling it in-house or externally with an accounting firm, the amount of paperwork to review can be overwhelming and time-consuming,” said Walt Thinfen, Visioneer president and CEO, which makes and markets Xerox DocuMate Scanners. “Scanning receipts and documents is a critical discipline to eliminate data errors, ensure proper back-up to maximize your return as well as eliminate risks when filing taxes.”
To learn about the power of scanning, Thinfen suggests tax preparers organizing for the current season consider the following digital imaging solutions:
- The Xerox DocuMate 3220 is a high-speed color scanner ideal for individuals, home offices or small offices preparing for tax season. The all-purpose desktop scanner features OneTouch® scanning which recognizes documents to automatically rotate them face up, provides text searchable results, removes totally blank pages and stores them using the PaperPort document management software.
- The Xerox DocuMate 5460 is an advanced high-capacity scanner that is ideal for a high volume tax preparer or accounting firm. With high-capacity advanced feed rollers to provide lowest cost of ownership, onboard image processing to render images with requiring precious processing power from the PC, the Xerox® DocuMate 5460 is built for any demanding office environment to maximize efficiency.
- Intelligent Capture Services provides instruction on installing and configuring Xerox DocuMate scanners and their powerful software bundle either at your place of business or via remote session for individuals. Complete services include, but are not limited to, demonstrating how to capture specific information from documents, creating a strategy for an ongoing document imaging workflow and training in-house staff to be document management experts. This is an ideal solution for time-sensitive production scanning environments where labor is the concern.
To learn more about which Xerox DocuMate Scanners meet your scanning needs, visit www.xeroxscanners.com.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. We conduct business in 180 countries, and our more than 140,000 employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients – and their customers. On January 29, 2016, Xerox announced that it plans to separate into two independent, publicly-traded companies: a business process outsourcing company and a document technology company. Xerox expects to complete the separation by year-end 2016.
Visioneer, Inc., a leader in scanner and document management solutions, offers a broad range of digital imaging hardware products for the desktop, distributed and departmental markets as well as the mobile and remote business scanning segments. In 2003, Visioneer combined its leading scanner technology with the Xerox brand recognition to develop the Xerox DocuMate product line. Visioneer and Xerox DocuMate high-performance business scanners and imaging software solutions offer users speed, image quality, advanced paper handling and ease-of-use with exclusive Visioneer OneTouch® technology. For additional information on Visioneer and Xerox scanning solutions, visit www.visioneer.com, www.visioneer.com/company/news or www.xeroxscanners.com. For open commentary and industry perspectives visit http://www.facebook.com/visioneerinc, http://twitter.com/visioneerinc.