Xerox today introduced a smart portable scanner that captures, stores and organizes up to 1,000 pages a day. It has advanced features such as algorithms that correct visual clarity and optical character recognition (OCR) that reads documents accurately in 179 languages.
The Xerox Duplex Portable Scanner is designed to streamline paper-ridden processes that bog down employee productivity. Engineered for the worker at home, at the office or in the field, it can scan 15 pages per minute at 300 DPI, and can scan documents as small as a business card, or documents up to 8.5 inches wide and 118 inches long. The small footprint enables the device to sit comfortably on any desk, a convenience that makes it simple for employees to digitize and share information. At a suggested retail price of $339.99, the scanner is affordable to a wide range of businesses.
Under a trademark licensing agreement with Xerox Corporation, the scanners will be manufactured and marketed by Visioneer pursuant to Xerox’s quality control standards.
“The Duplex Portable Scanner meets demands for personal and portable scanning productivity, and helps our customers achieve their digital transformation goals,” said Walt Thinfen, president and CEO at Visioneer. “By transitioning paper-laden processes to digital, organizations can focus on growing and better serving customers.”
Benefits Beyond Scanning
Businesses in a variety of markets benefit from the scanner’s strong software features, including:
- Visioneer Acuity with DriverPLUS technology (PC) uses advanced algorithms to intelligently and instantly correct and improve the visual clarity of scanned documents or images containing imperfections.
- Visioneer OneTouch® (PC) allows users to automatically route documents to email, printers, files on the server or to the cloud with one simple touch of a button.
- Nuance PaperPort Pro (PC) is a document management tool that helps users organize, find and share documents to bring a new level of proficiency and productivity to an organization’s workflow.
- Findo® (Mac & PC) is a single point search that works with OneTouch to sort and intelligently find every scanned file.
- ABBYY® Business Card Reader (PC) easily transfers contact information from scanned business cards into smartphone address databases or its own digital storage catalog.
- ABBYY® Fine Reader Sprint (Mac & PC) is an easy-to-use OCR tool that instantly converts scans into various file formats, including searchable PDFs. It accurately reads documents in up to 179 languages.
- Visioneer Scan Utility (Mac) allows you to take full advantage of the driver’s features. Just set your driver preferences, select an image format and file destination, and begin scanning.
Pricing and Availability
The Xerox Duplex Portable Scanner has a suggested retail price of $339.99 and is immediately available for purchase online at www.xeroxscanners.com and from authorized resellers in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Xerox Corporation is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them.
We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
About Visioneer, Inc.
Visioneer, Inc., a leader in scanner and document management solutions, offers a broad range of digital imaging hardware products for the desktop and departmental markets as well as the mobile and remote business scanning segments. In 2003, Visioneer combined its leading scanner technology with the Xerox brand recognition to develop the Xerox® DocuMate® product line. Visioneer and Xerox DocuMate high-performance business scanners and imaging software solutions offer users speed, image quality, advanced paper handling and ease-of-use with exclusive Visioneer OneTouch® technology. Visioneer is an authorized trademark licensee of Xerox. For additional information on Visioneer and Xerox scanning solutions, visit www.xeroxscanners.com or www.visioneer.com. For open commentary and industry perspectives visit www.facebook.com/visioneerinc, www.twitter.com/visioneerinc.