Xerox has developed five new tools for mobile devices and multifunction printers (MFPs) that make it even easier for remote workers to recreate the same workflows they use in the office. Workers can securely send documents from their mobile device to colleagues or the cloud, as well as print to just about any printer or MFP.
“Working on the go often brings unneeded complexity and workflow jams like when you can’t connect to a local printer or your company’s cloud repositories,” said Jim Rise, senior vice president, Office and Solutions Business Group, Xerox. “These five easy-to-use tools help break down the barriers of working remotely because employees shouldn’t see diminished productivity when they’re outside the four walls of their office.”
- Xerox Mobile Print Cloud v3.0 now includes “@PrintByXerox,” which enables secure mobile printing from any Xerox network-connected MFP. If you’re spending the day at corporate headquarters and need to print a document, this app lets you email it to a dedicated email address (i.e. email@example.com) and securely release the job at the MFP nearest to where you’re working. The application runs on the device’s Extensible Interface Platform.
- Xerox Mobile Print Solution lets workers print from their mobile device to any networked printer, no matter the manufacturer. It’s available on premise or in the cloud and integrates with Apple AirPrint.
- Xerox Wireless Print Solutions Adapter adds wireless and mobile printing capabilities to legacy printers and MFPs that don’t have those capabilities built in. This pocket-sized adapter sits next to the device and integrates seamlessly with Google Cloud Print, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC tap-to-pair and Apple AirPrint.
- Xerox’s popular Mobile Link App now supports Android and iOS devices, and adds more cloud capabilities. For example, a sales professional can scan or take a photo of invoices from their mobile device and automatically send it to the accounts receivable department’s SharePoint site, file a copy in their DropBox account and email it to their manager, simultaneously.
- Xerox’s new PrintSafe Software provides authentication security for MFPs. According to the research firm Quocirca, 63 percent of businesses surveyed admit to experiencing one or more print-related data breaches.1 PrintSafe Software works with most industry standard card readers. This affordable solution runs on both Xerox and non-Xerox devices, manages user access to MFPs, and has the added ability to print anywhere at any time to any MFP in a customer network.
The Xerox Mobile Print Cloud v3.0, Xerox Mobile Print Solution and Xerox PrintSafe Software are now available worldwide. The Xerox Mobile Link App (downloadable at Google Play and Apple App Store) and the Xerox Wireless Print Solutions Adapter (available at buy.xerox.com) will be available by the end of December.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. We conduct business in 180 countries, and our more than 130,000 employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients – and their customers.
1 Quocirca, The Mobile Print Enterprise, January 2015